Pidgin and X-chat plugins to execute a command on new messages February 14, 2010Posted by GuySoft in Crictor, Hamakor, ITU, linux, open source, programming, python.
Tags: open source, pidgin, programming, python, source code, x-chat
A while ago, when I coded message alert plugins for pidgin and X-chat so each time I get a new message my bumble-b LED display would flash, so I thought I might release the code here for people to use.
Both plugins will execute a command of your choice when receiving a new message.
Thanks to Simo Mattila who wrote the base code for the pidgin plugin🙂
- Source code for the pidgin plugin
- You will have to follow the README file and compile the plugin. Then place the created .so file in ~/.purple/plugins/ .
- In the plugin menu there would be a configuration window to set the command.
- Source code for the X-chat plugin
- You will have to set the command inside the python file. Then copy it to ~/.xchat2/
- The X-chat plugin also is able to return the name of the user that sent the message.
Here is a video of the X-chat plugin in action:
I hope to find more time to posts the things I am doing, but as usual, university takes up all my time. Stay tuned